USI Affinity Travel Insurance
USI Affinity Travel Insurance Services (TIS) has been serving travelers since 1973. The plans protect all kinds of travel- from moving abroad to going on a quick business trip, pursuing an academic course, or going on a vacation. The company helps you in finding the right coverage for visiting the US, outside the US, outside the home country, frequent travel, and more.
Located in Philadelphia, PA, Travel Insurance Services is a national agency/brokerage providing worldwide travel insurance solutions to individuals, groups, employees, businesses, organizations, students, and more. It is a member of USI Holdings Corporation, which is the third largest privately held insurance agency in America.
TIS has designed and marketed groundbreaking insurance ideas. Whether you want coverage for accident and sickness, or trip cancellation, or emergency medical evacuation, or loss of belongings, the company has the right plan for you during your trip. Whatever is your travel and medical need, Travel Insurance has appropriate coverage at reasonable premiums.
USI Affinity Travel Insurance Plans
Visit USA Budget$37 / mo For age 45 years with $50,000 plan and $100 deductible
- Plan maximum limits ranging from $50,000 ;$150,000
- Deductible options from $0 to $250
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs, Covid-19
- Coverage from 5 days to 364 days
- Review Plan
WorldMed$151 / mo For age 45 years with $50,000 plan and $250 deductible
- Plan maximum limits ranging from $500,000 to $2 million
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Urgent Care, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs, Covid-19,
- Coverage for non-chronic Acute Onset of Pre-existing conditions
- Coverage from 5 days to 365 days
Study USA$37 / mo For age 24 years with $200,000 plan and $250 deductible
- Plan maximum limits ranging from $100,000 to $500,000
- Deductible options from $25 to $250
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Urgent Care, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs, Mental health, Pregnancy
- Coverage for Covid-19 (excluded on Basic)
- Coverage from 30 days to 4 years
- Review Plan
Why choose USI Affinity Travel Insurance plans?
- A wide variety of plans– Travel Insurance Services has plans catered for every need of different tourists.
- Additional plans- The company has policies for both US residents and foreigners coming to the US or leaving their home countries. These plans offer optional coverage, as well.
- Trustworthy– Travel Insurance Services has been operating for four decades and is a member of USI. They leave no stone unturned to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Licensed team– Travel Insure has a team of licensed and knowledgeable customer executives who can guide you in choosing a plan, processing the claim, and getting travel assistance abroad.
Visit USA Plans
Visit USA Plans are ideal for non-US citizens who are at least 14 days old and are traveling to the US. Business or leisure travelers, new immigrants, tourists, church or missionary travelers to the US, and parents of students studying in the US can all consider this category of the plan. You can get coverage for yourself, your entire family, including your spouse and children, or children traveling alone.
You can choose from three options- Budget, Standard, and Superior. All options provide visitor medical coverage for illnesses and injuries for in-patient and out-patient treatment as well as urgent care. Coverage includes COVID-19, acute onset of pre-existing conditions, repatriation, and more.
WorldMed is available to anyone, ages 14 days to 64 years, traveling to a foreign country for trip lengths of 5 to 364 days. That includes those foreigners and visitors traveling to and from the US. The plan offers coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness up, evacuation, repatriation, emergency dental, trip interruption, baggage loss, recreational sports, accidental death, and dismemberment.
WorldMed provides coverage in the US (Inbound) as well as outside the US (Outbound). You may go to any licensed health care provider. However, if you use a doctor or hospital in the plan’s preferred network, you are covered 100% up to the policy maximum after the deductible for a covered illness/injury. If you use a out of network provider, you may be responsible for any charges exceeding the usual, customary charges.
InterMedical Plan provides coverage to U.S. citizens and residents who are traveling outside the U.S. and outside their home country. It covers eligible expenses incurred by the insured as the result of an illness or injury. It can be bought for a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 364 days and is not renewable.
InterMedical provides coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness and includes benefits for covid-19 evacuation, repatriation of remains, lost luggage, accidental death, and dismemberment, and more. However, no pre-existing condition is covered except if it is an acute onset of a non-chronic pre-existing . Optional coverage includes hazardous activities, .intercollegiate/ interscholastic sports and AD&D.
Study USA Plans
Study USA Plans are designed for foreign students studying outside their home country and are less than 65-year-old. The plans can cover their dependents, with a valid visa. Individuals must be full-time students at a college or university, excluding online colleges and universities, or within 31 days of being a Full-time Student at a college or university; or must be a Full-time Scholar affiliated with an educational institution and performing work or research for at least 30 hours per week.
The Full-time Student/Scholar status requirement is waived for Participants within the US holding a valid F-1 visa. Full-time status requirements remain in force for individuals holding M-1, J-1, or other category visas. The individual must be residing outside his or her Home Country for the purpose of pursuing international educational activities; and must not have obtained residency status in the Host Country.
The plan offers four options to choose from based on your requirement – Basic, Standard, Preferred, and Platinum Depending on the policy you choose, you get coverage for wellness visits, maternity, and pre-existing conditions after a waiting period (Standard, Preferred, and Platinum). In the US, you can check for hospitals and doctors with direct billing. But outside the US, you can use any doctor or hospital.
USI Affinity Travel Insurance Services Claim
The claims procedure can differ foreach plan, therefore, you need to check the policy to understand how the claims work. If you have paid bills for any treatment and need to be reimbursed for the out of pocket expenses, you can download and submit the completed form along with the itemized bills to the address on the form. For timely claims settlement, make sure the claims form is submitted within 90 days of seeing the provider. In general, you may need to give the following information to make the process faster and smoother.
- Patient information
- Procedures and medical services
- Provider and facility information
- Date of service, diagnostics, prescriptions, drugs, and more
USI Affinity Travel Insurance Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy may differ for each plan. Some plans may have a pro-rated refund, while some plans may refund only full month premiums.
There is a $25 cancellation fee for all plans. If there is a claim submitted there are no refund for any of the plans. You need to have a look at the brochure to understand the cancellation policy.