Visitors Care® Insurance for Visitors to USA
- Who: Fixed benefit plan available to non-US citizens or non-US residents who are visiting the US. The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or Green Card holders in the US.
- What: Fixed benefit coverage for medical expenses for injuries and illnesses including hospitalization, surgery, physician visits, and prescriptions. Evacuation as well as Repatriation coverage is included.
- Where: This plan provides coverage within the United States
Why is Visitors Care Insurance Good for Visitors?
Visitors Care® Insurance is a popular and affordable visitor travel medical insurance plan for individuals who are visitors or non-US residents traveling to the US. Visitors Care® Insurance coverage offers fixed benefits for various medical expenses. It is ideal for tourists, visitors, business travelers, etc.
Plan Benefits: Provides per-incident coverage for medical accidents and sickness. Additional coverage includes coverage for Emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, accidental death, dental injury, and incidental trip. Based on the age, the plan offers coverage options from $25,000 to $100,000 and has choices of deductibles from $0 to $100.
Pre-existing: The policy provides coverage for acute onset of preexisting conditions for people below 70 years of age.
PPO Hospital Network: You can search for providers in the First Health Network however you are free to go to any provider in the area.
What Coverage and Benefits are Offered by Visitors Care® Insurance?
Visitors Care® offers scheduled benefits for non-US residents traveling to the US. This visitor medical insurance has nine separate options based on deductible and plans maximum limits. You can design your own plan per these options and your requirement. The policy offers coverage for medical expenses including hospitalization, surgery, physician visits, and prescriptions.
- Travel medical insurance for non-U.S. residents
- Renewable up to 24 months
- Choose between deductible options of $0, $50, $100
- Maximum limits of $25,000, $50,000 and $100,000
- Acute onset of pre-existing coverage below the age of 70 years
- Affordable coverage for visitors and immigrants on vacation or holidays and business travelers.
- Coverage for Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
Benefits of Visitors Care® Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 79 years||Coverage Amount above 80 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $25,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $25,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $25,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $25,000|
What is the Price or Cost of Visitors Care® Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors:
Plan Limit: There are various options to choose from. Premium depends on the chosen policy maximum. Higher the policy maximum, higher will be the premium
Visitors Care® insurance offers 3 plan levels:
Plan A: $25,000 per illness/injury
Plan B: $50,000 per illness/injury
Plan C: $100,000 per illness/injury.
Age: Higher the age, higher will be the premium.
Coverage Days: Premium is based on a daily rate. More the number of coverage days, higher will be the premium. Plan offers coverage from 5 days to 2 year.
Visitors Care® Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $25,000||Policy Max Limit $100,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$27||$53|
|From 60 to 64 years||$33||$67|
|From 65 to 69 years||$33||$67|
|From 70 to 79 years||$54||$117|
FAQ: How does Visitors Care® Plan Work?
Visitors Care Medical Insurance is available to non-US citizens or non-US residents who are visiting the US. The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or Green Card holders in the US.
In order to be eligible and qualified for coverage under this insurance, a person must meet all of the following requirements:
- Not be a citizen of or have a permanent residence in the United States
- Not be a citizen of the destination country
- Be at least fourteen (14) days old and less than seventy-nine (79) years of age
- Complete and sign an application as the insured person (or be listed thereon by proxy as an applicant and proposed insured person), and/or as the insured person’s spouse and/or child
- Pay the required premium on or before the effective date of coverage
- Receive written acceptance of his/her application, renewal, or extension from the company
- On the effective date and on subsequent renewal dates, must have legally departed the country of residence and legally entered the destination country
- Not be hospitalized, disabled or HIV + on the initial effective date
Charges resulting directly or indirectly from any Pre-existing Condition are excluded from coverage under this
However, for ages under 70, acute onset of a pre-existing condition can be covered per the Schedule of benefits for the chosen plan. You can review the benefits in the Brochure.
Acute onset of a pre-existing condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition.
To be eligible for the foregoing limited coverage and benefits for an acute onset of a pre-existing condition, the insured person must be in compliance with all terms of this insurance. At the time of the acute onset of the pre-existing condition:
- Treatment must be obtained within twenty-four (24) hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or reoccurrence
- The insured person must be under 70 years of age
- The insured person must not be traveling against or in disregard of the recommendations, established treatment programs, or medical advice of a physician or other healthcare provider
- The insured person must not be traveling with the intent or purpose to seek or obtain treatment for the pre-existing condition
- The insured person must not be traveling during a period of time when the insured person is preparing or waiting for, involved in, or undertaking a new, changed or modified treatment program with respect to the pre-existing condition, and is not traveling subsequent to any such new, changed or modified treatment program having been advised or recommended
- The pre-existing condition must have been stabilized for at least 30 days prior to the effective date without a change in treatment
The insured person must be traveling outside their country of residence.
You are free to go to any doctor/hospital/urgent care in the area. Being a scheduled/fixed benefit policy, once you meet your deductible the policy will pay the predefined limits and you will pay the difference between the scheduled and the actual limits. For your convenience, you can search for providers in the First Health PPO Network, an organized network of 500,000 physicians.
No, adventure sports are excluded from coverage.
The application will need the following information of the visitor: name, date of birth, residence address, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you have a passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
As long as your initial purchase was a minimum of 5 days, you can renew the policy. Visitors Care insurance for visitors to the US can be purchased for up to a 12-month period. They can be extended up to 24 continuous months. Renewals are available in daily increments and may be completed online. For each renewal, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12-month coverage period.
The insured person shall have 3 days from the Initial Effective Date of Coverage (the “Review Period”) to review the benefits, conditions, limitations, exclusions, and all other terms of the master policy as evidenced and outlined by this certificate. If not completely satisfied, the insured person may request cancellation of this insurance retroactive to the initial effective date of coverage by sending a written request to the company by email, mail, or fax and received by the company within the review period, thereby qualifying to receive a full refund of premium paid. Upon effectuation of such cancellation and refund, neither the company nor the insured person shall have any further rights, liabilities, or obligations under this insurance. After the review period, the following conditions apply if the insured person wishes to cancel this insurance:
(a) If any claims have been filed with the company, the premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
(b) If no claims have been filed with the company:
(i) a cancellation fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00 USD) will be charged; and
(ii) Premium refunds will be pro-rated.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire Claims documents with you before you submit the Claims for processing
- Download and complete the Claims form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach all the documents required as proof of claim
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your Claim by calling +1.800.628.4664 or outside U.S. +1.317.655.4500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Claims filing address and email:
The completed claim form along with documents of proof of claim be sent to the address below. The form must be signed and dated, and submitted for consideration to:
Claims Address: International Medical Group
PO Box 9162
Farmington Hills, MI 48333
Call for claims & benefit questions: +1.800.628.4664 or outside U.S. +1.317.655.4500
For emergency assistance you can call: +1.800.628.4664
or outside U.S. +1.317.655.450
Visitors Care is Underwritten by Sirius International and is rated “A” excellent by AM Best. The plan is administered by International Medical Group (IMG).
Reviews of Visitors Care® for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.