Visitors Protect Insurance with pre-existing conditions Coverage
Visitors Protect is a robust, comprehensive plan designed specifically for individuals and families traveling from their home country to the US, Canada, and Mexico. The plan offers temporary medical coverage to travelers, including eligible medical expenses, physician visits/services, urgent care clinic, walk-in clinic, emergency room, hospitalization, intensive care, lab and diagnostics, surgeries, physical therapy, outpatient prescription drugs, emergency local ambulance, medical evacuation, emergency reunion, dental treatment, accidental death, and dismemberment, and more.
Visitor Guard® offers Visitors Protect plan to travelers at an affordable price. The coverage starts from 90 days (about 3 months) up to 12 months. The plan is available for individuals traveling outside their country of residence and traveling to the US, Mexico, or Canada. To buy this policy, call us.
Visitors Protect$240 / mo For age 55 years with $50,000 plan and $250 deductible
- Plan maximum limit options of $50,000, $100,000 and $250,000
- Deductible options from $250 to $5000 per incident
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Urgent Care, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs, Covid-19
- Coverage for Pre-existing conditions
- Coverage from 90 days to 12 months
- PPO Network
Visitors Protect Benefits
- Plan Benefits: The plan offers coverage options for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illnesses of $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000 for individuals under 69 years of age. Moreover, it also covers medical evacuation, emergency reunion, repatriation of remains, AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment), etc. Choice of deductibles from $0 to $5,000.
- Pre-existing: The plan offers temporary medical coverage with pre-existing conditions with deductible of $1,500 per injury or illness (plan deductible waived). The maximum limit through age 69 is $25,000, and ages 70 and older is $20,000.
- PPO Hospital Network: In-network, Visitors Protect covers 75% of eligible medical expenses, hospitalization, surgery, diagnostics, prescription drugs, physician visits, local ambulance, dental treatment, traumatic injury, etc. On the contrary, the plan covers 60% of these expenses out-of-network. The plan covers 100% for an emergency reunion, medical evacuation, return of minor children, return of remains, CareClix consultation in and out-of-network. The PPO network inside the US is United Healthcare. Travelers outside of the US (Mexico and Canada) can enjoy access to quality healthcare with the IPA network.
- Special Feature 1: CareClix Consultation is covered where visitors can access a network of board-certified medical professionals online or telephone to diagnose, treat or prescribe medications for non-emergency medical issues. It does not support a diagnosis for mental or nervous disorders. Not subject to deductible and coinsurance.
- Special Feature 2: Covid-19 is treated as any other illness.
- Special Feature 3: Includes temporary medical coverage with pre-existing conditions.
Talk with an expert!
Visitors Protect Cost
The price of the plan depends on four crucial factors: traveler’s age, duration of the stay, policy maximum, and deductible. The higher the traveler’s age, coverage days, and policy maximum, the higher will be the premium. In contrast, the higher the deductible, the lower will be the premium. For example, a 55-year-old individual pays $250 with a $50,000 plan and $250 deductible for coverage of 30 days. The plan has no optional coverage.
Plan Limit: $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000 for travelers under 69. $50,000 for travelers aged 70 and above.
Age: The premium goes up with age. To buy the plan, the individual must be 14 days (about 2 weeks) old.
Coverage Days: The plan offers coverage from 90 days (about 3 months) up to 12 months in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Plan Cost for Age Groups
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $250,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$248.31||$372.62|
|From 60 to 64 years||$354.95||$532.58|
|From 65 to 69 years||$354.95||$532.58|
|From 70 to 79 years||$852.81||NA|
What Coverage & Benefits are Offered by Visitors Protect?
The plan is underwritten by Sirius Point Speciality Insurance Corporation and is rated AM Best “A-.” It offers temporary travel medical coverage to travelers coming to the US, Mexico, and Canada. It follows the United Healthcare PPO network.
Plan Coverage Highlights:
- Coverage for eligible medical expenses up to $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000.
- COVID-19 is covered and treated as any other sickness.
- $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000 per insured person per injury/illness.
- Area of coverage is the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Coinsurance: 75% in-network and 60% out-of-network.
- Coverage from 90 days (about 3 months) to 12 months.
- Eligibility: 14 days (about 2 weeks) to 99 years.
- Limited coverage to pre-existing conditions.
- Urgent care clinic is not subjectable to deductible and coinsurance. In-network copayment is $25 and out-of-network copayment is $50.
- Walk in clinic is not subjectable to deductible and coinsurance. In-network copayment is $15 and out-of-network copayment is $25.
- The plan covers chiropractic care, physical therapy, extended care facility, home nursing care, etc.
- $25,000 maximum limit for emergency medical evacuation and AD&D, respectively.
- $100,000 maximum limit for emergency reunion.
Check the brochure to review the complete benefits.
Benefits for Visitors Protect Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 64 years||Coverage Amount above 64 years|
|In-patient Surgery||75% of the chosen policy maximum||75% of the chosen policy maximum|
|Out-patient Surgery||75% of the chosen policy maximum||75% of the chosen policy maximum|
|Doctor Visit||75% of the chosen policy maximum||75% of the chosen policy maximum|
|Prescription Drugs||75% of the chosen policy maximum||75% of the chosen policy maximum|
How to Claim Visitors Protect Insurance?
A claim form must be completed and submitted https://www.imglobal.com/docs/library/forms-library/claim-form.pdf
Proof of claim must include the following:
- Completed and signed claim forms for each new illness/disease/diagnosis.
- All original billing forms and statements of services rendered from doctors, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
- All original receipts for medical expenses, prescription medications, and other fees incurred or paid by the insured.
The insured person will have 180 days (about 6 months) from the date of claim is incurred to submit complete proof of claim. The company may ask the insured individual to sign an authorization to release medical information to request medical records. The insured individual will have 60 days (about 2 months) to submit the requested information. The company will review all the submitted documents and then proceed with reimbursement.
Claims filing address and email:
All claims or repeated claims must be submitted to the following:
International Medical Group, Attn: Claims Department
PO Box 9162, Farmington Hills, MI 48333-9162, USA
FAQs: Visitors Protect Insurance Plan
Visitors Protect plan is a comprehensive temporary medical coverage for visitors coming to the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Visitors aged between 14 to 99 years can buy this plan. It is eligible for non-US residents and citizens.
Visitors Protect offers limited pre-existing coverage to travelers. The maximum limit through age 69 is $25,000 and ages 70 and older is $20,000. The pre-existing condition deductible is $1,500 per illness/injury (plan deductible is waived).
Yes. Visitors Protect is an IMG plan, underwritten by Sirius Point Speciality Insurance Corporation. It has received an A- rating by the AM Best Rating.