Safe Travel USA Comprehensive for Visitors to USA
- Who: Available to Non-US citizens or Residents up to 90 years of age visiting the US. The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or Green Card Holders in the US.
- What: Provides insurance for medical accidents, illness, emergency medical treatment, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, accidental death, and dismemberment.
- Where: Provides coverage to travelers outside the home country to the US or to the US and Worldwide
Why is Safe Travel USA Comprehensive Good for Visitors
Plan Benefits: Coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness up to $1 million, Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, trip interruption, baggage, AD&D. Choice of deductibles from $0 to $5,000.
Pre-existing: 1 acute episode per pre-existing condition covered up to policy medical max for non-cardiac ($25,000 limit for cardiac) conditions for 69y & under; covered up to $35,000 for non-cardiac ($15,000 limit for cardiac) conditions for 70y & above.
PPO Hospital Network: In-network, the deductible, and co-insurance is waived. You can search for providers (doctors, hospitals, Urgent care, etc.) in the Coventry First Health PPO Network.
Special Feature 1: $75 Doctor Wellness Visit Benefit if the policy has been purchased for at least 30 days. Must occur within the first 21 days from the effective date of coverage. Register for Well Doctor Visit
Special Feature 2: Covid-19 is treated as any other illness.
Special Feature 3: Optional Athletic Sports coverage, Home country coverage and 24-hour AD&D.
What Coverage & Benefits are Offered by Safe Travel USA Comprehensive
The plan helps ensure safe travels for visitors to the USA and the USA and worldwide. In-network, the plan waives the deductible and co-insurance. Urgent Care visits have a $30 co-pay. The plan can be purchased to provide coverage from 5 days to 364 days. The plan can be renewed before the policy expires and may be extended up to 2 years.
You can review the complete benefits in the Brochure
- Insurance for medical accident and sickness upto $1,000,000, emergency medical and political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, and AD&D .
- COVID-19 is covered and treated as any other sickness
- $75 Doctor Wellness Visit Benefit
- One episode for an Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition
- In network, deductible and Co-insurance waived
- Coverage from 5 days to 364 days
- Extendable with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months
- Optional Athletic sports coverage, Return to home, AD&D upgrade available
Benefits for Safe Travel USA Comprehensive Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 64 years||Coverage Amount above 64 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $50,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $50,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $50,000|
What is the Price or Cost of Safe Travel Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The higher the plan limit, age, or coverage days, the higher will be the premium. If you add any optional coverage the premium will increase. Your premium reduces if you opt for a higher deductible.
Plan Limit: Choice of five plan limits – $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000.
Age: The premium goes up with age. The plan is available until the age of 89 years.
Coverage Days: The plan offers coverage from 5 days to 364 days; renewable up to 24 consecutive months.
Optional Coverage Benefit Riders: Optional Riders include Follow Me Home/Home country Rider, Athletic Sports Coverage, 24 Hour AD&D upgrade. The premium will increase if any of these riders are added.
Safe Travel USA Comprehensive Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$110||$192|
|From 60 to 64 years||$130||$248|
|From 65 to 69 years||$146||NA|
|From 70 to 79 years||$208||NA|
FAQ: How does Safe Travel USA Comprehensive Plan work?
Safe Travel USA comprehensive policy is available to Non-US citizens or Non-US Residents who reside outside the US and are traveling outside of their Home
Country to visit solely the United States, or to visit a combination of the United States and other countries worldwide. The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or Green Card Holders in the US. The plan is available for individuals up to the age of 90 years.
Pre-existing conditions are excluded by the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Plan, however, the plan can cover for one episode of an acute onset of pre-existing conditions
For ages up to and including 69 the limit is up to the Medical Policy Maximum purchased per Period of Coverage except for any coverage related to cardiac disease or conditions, which will be limited to $25,000 up to and including age 69 and $15,000 for ages 70 and above. Upon attaining age 70 Acute Onset benefits will be reduced to a maximum of $35,000, with a $25,000 Maximum Lifetime Limit for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
The policy provides coverage for an acute onset of a pre-existing condition. Any repeat/recurrence within the same policy period will no longer be considered an acute onset of a pre-existing condition and will not be eligible for additional coverage. A pre-existing condition that is a chronic or congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time and/or known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or treatments existing or necessary prior to the effective date are not considered to be an acute onset. This benefit covers only ONE (1) acute onset episode of a pre-existing condition. Sudden and acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage expires when you are medically discharged or receive medical advice stating that the condition and onset are no longer acute.
Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition which
- Occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent and immediate medical care; and
- Occurs a minimum of 48 hours after the Effective Date of the policy and
- Treatment is obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
Though the plan does not restrict you from going to any doctor in the area, to get negotiated rates, and to waive the deductible and coinsurance it is beneficial to go to a provider in the network.
You can search for providers (doctors, hospitals, Urgent care, etc.) in the Coventry First health PPO network
No, adventure sports are excluded from coverage. However, for an additional premium, the plan offers an optional sports rider for Injuries incurred during Amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities. Professional and Semi-Professional Sports for the following sports:
Class 1 – includes Archery, Tennis, Swimming, Cross Country, Track, Volleyball, and Golf
Class 2 – includes Ballet, Basketball, Cheerleading, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football (no division 1), Gymnastics, Hockey, Karate, Lacrosse, Polo, Rowing, Rugby, and Soccer
Any athletic sport not listed is excluded from the policy unless the activity is noncontact and engaged in solely for the purpose of leisure, recreation, entertainment, or fitness.
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s address, passport country, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Once the application is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
As long as your initial purchase was a minimum of 5 days, you can renew the policy. The plan can be bought from 5 days to 364 days. The plan can be renewed before the end date of the policy and can be extended up to 2 years.
Before the effective date of the policy: Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if a written request is received prior to the Effective Date of the coverage.
After the effective date of the policy: If a written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
- If any claims have been filed the premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- If no claims have been filed with the Company, then
(i) a cancellation fee of US $25 will be charged; and
(ii) only unused days premiums will be considered as refundable;
- If after a refund is made, it is determined that a claim was presented on a Covered Person’s behalf, the Covered Person will be fully responsible for that claim in its entirety.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire Claims documents with you before you submit the Claims for processing
- Download and complete the Claims Form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach the itemized bills
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your Claim by calling 877.916.7920 or emailing Trawickclaims@cbpinsure.com
Claims filing address and email:
Address: Co-ordinated Benefit Plans LLC on Behalf of Crum and Forster SPC
PO Box 2069 Fairhope AL 36533
Toll-Free #: 866-669-9004 or 866-696-0409
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Toll free within the United States and Canada: 877-916-7920
Outside the United States and Canada, call direct or Collect: 949-916-7941
This plan is underwritten by Crum & Forster International with an A.M Best rating “A”
Reviews of Safe Travel USA Comprehensive for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.