Visitor Secure Insurance for Visitors to USA
- Who: Visitor Secure Insurance is available for non-US citizens visiting the U.S. or for travel outside their home country and U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. Ideal for budget-friendly insurance for single or group of family and relatives visiting the US, and students traveling outside their home country.
- What: Limited or scheduled benefits for medical expenses including hospitalization, surgery, physician visits, and prescriptions. Coverage for Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains and more.
- Where: This plan provides coverage for international visitors traveling outside their home country and US citizens traveling outside USA.
Visitor Secure Plan Highlights:
- Travel medical insurance for US and non-US citizens traveling outside the home country
- Coverage for Covid coverage
- Deductible options from $0 to $200
- Maximum limits from $50,000 to $130,000
- Coverage is available for as little as 5 days and up to a maximum of 364 days.
- Acute onset of non-chronic pre-existing conditions for visitors aged below 70 years.
- Claim offices in the US.
Plan Benefits: VisitorSecureTM insurance offers a range of coverage and has choices of $50,000, through $130,000 for the policy maximum depending on the age and $10,000 for ages 80+, and per-incident deductible choices of $0, $50, $100 and $200 based on the age.
Pre-existing: The policy includes the acute onset of pre-existing conditions for people below 70 years of age.
Get Quote Now
Talk with an expert!
Why is Visitor Secure Insurance Insurance Good for Visitors?
VisitorSecureTM insurance is a budget-friendly plan designed to cover international visitors visiting the US or for travel abroad. The plan provides both inpatient and outpatient hospital medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, and common carrier accidental death and dismemberment. It also has emergency travel features to help in case of provider referral, lost luggage, and travel document replacement assistance.
The plan provides coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions for travelers under 70 years. You can select the policy maximum and deductible for visitor insurance based on your requirement. If you are traveling to the US and are above 65 years, coverage must begin within 30 days of arrival in the US. The plan is extendable and renewable up to a maximum of 364 days of continuous coverage.
PPO Hospital Network: You are free to go to any doctor, hospital, or urgent care in the area. Being a scheduled/fixed benefit policy, once you meet your deductible the policy will pay the predefined limits and you will pay the difference between the scheduled and the actual limits.
Special Feature 1: Coverage for Covid-19 included.
Special Feature 2: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage for members below 70 years of age.
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Visitor Secure Insurance?
VisitorSecureTM provides insurance for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents and sickness, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, accidental death, dental injury, and incidental trips. Based on the age, the plan offers coverage options from $50,000 to $130,000 and has choices of deductibles from $0 to $200. It is ideal for tourists, visitors, business travelers, etc. The plan includes coverage for taking part for recreational purposes in amateur/non-professional sports and activities incidental to a trip as long as the activity is adequately supervised and appropriate safety equipment (such as protective headwear, life jackets, etc.) are worn at all times.
It is ideal for tourists, visitors, business travelers etc.
Benefits for VisitorSecureTM Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 64 years||Coverage Amount above 64 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $50,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $50,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $50,000|
What is the Price or Cost of Visitor Secure Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The premium is typically higher if you opt for a higher plan limit, or you fall in a higher age category, or the number of coverage days is more. Your premium reduces if you opt for a higher deductible.
Plan Limit: Four plan options are available based on the age:
Plan A: $50,000 maximum limit; available for ages 14 days to 79 years
Plan B: $75,000 maximum limit; available for ages 14 days to 79 years
Plan C: $100,000 maximum limit; available for ages 14 days to 69 years
Plan D: $130,000 maximum limit. available for ages 14 days to 59 years
You can choose from the per incident deductibles of $0, $50 and $100.
For ages 80+, the policy maximum is $10,000 with deductible options of $100 and $200.
Age: Available for ages 14 days to over 80 years
Coverage Days: Under this plan coverage is available from a minimum of 5 days to a maximum of 364 days.
Visitor Secure Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$44||$80|
|From 60 to 64 years||$50||$90|
|From 65 to 69 years||$50||$90|
|From 70 to 79 years||$77||NA|
Visitor Secure Insurance – FAQs
- Only individuals traveling outside of their Home Country who are at least 14 days of age are eligible for coverage under this plan. U.S. citizens must be traveling outside of the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands in order to be eligible. For individuals coming to the U.S. who are over age 65, coverage must be effective within 30 days of arrival.
- Individuals ages 80 and above must select Plan A. Individuals ages 70 to 79 may select Plan A or Plan B. Individuals age 69 and under may select any plan.
No, preexisting conditions are not covered under the
policy. However, for ages under 70 years, acute onset of a pre-existing condition can be covered up to the chosen policy maximum as per the schedule of benefits in the Brochure.
Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which
1) Occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive and requires urgent care.
2) Must occur after the effective date of the policy and
3) Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
A pre-existing condition that is a chronic or congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time will not be considered Acute Onset. This benefit does not include coverage for known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or treatments existent or necessary prior to the Effective Date of coverage.
You are free to go to any doctor, hospital, or urgent care in the area. Being a scheduled/fixed benefit policy, once you meet your deductible the policy will pay the predefined limits and you will pay the difference between the scheduled and the actual limits.
No, adventure sports are excluded from coverage.
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s home country address and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
As long as your initial purchase was a minimum of 5 days, you can renew the policy.
insurance plans can be purchased for up to 364 days. Renewals are available in daily increments and may be completed online. For each renewal, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each continuous 364 days coverage period.
Before the effective date of the policy: Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if the written request is received prior to the Effective Date of the coverage.
After the effective date of the policy: If the written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
- a) If any claims have been filed, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then a pro-rated refund is possible with a cancellation fee of US $25.
If you have paid for the bills upfront at the provider’s office or if you have paid for prescription drugs, you can follow the steps below to submit a claim.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire claims documents with you before you submit the claims for processing:
- Download and complete the Claims Form/ Claimant Statement You will have to submit the Claimant statement even if you have not paid upfront to the provider
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach the itemized bills
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your Claim by calling 1-800-605-2282emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claims filing address and email:
HCC Medical Insurance Services
Attn: Claims Dept.
Box No. 2005
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005
Claims Number: 1-800-605-2282
For emergency assistance, you can call:
Collect Calls Only: +1 (317) 262-2132
VisitorSecure medical insurance is underwritten by Llyods of London and is rated A++ Superior by A.M. Best.
Reviews of VisitorSecureTM Insurance for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.