Buy International Life Insurance
International Life Insurance is a visitor insurance plan for people who travel abroad and want to secure their family from the financial mishaps due to the accidental death and dismemberment of the traveler.
It gives benefits in the case of death or dismemberment due to extreme sports, fires, firearms, traffic accidents; plane crashes, private piloting crashes, and more.
As soon as you submit the completed online form, the insurance provider will start reviewing your application. It goes through underwriting for around 1 to 4 business days and other documentation processes.
You will be sent the policy documents after your documents are verified. Contact us to get your international life insurance at an affordable price in the USA.
International Life Insurance: Main Goals
International life insurance is designed to provide coverage to people who travel abroad. Similar to domestic life insurance plans, it pays a lump sum to the beneficiaries if the insured dies or faces dismemberment, including total permanent disability, abroad.
Many domestic life insurance plans do not cover causalities that happen abroad. For protecting family members from financial difficulties when something unexpected happens, travelers are encouraged to purchase life insurance for travel.
International Life Insurance assures the financial stability of the beneficiaries of the insured person. It ensures the standard of living for the insured’s family during his or her absence.
The plan acts as the source of income for paying taxes and debts for the family during the period. It also takes care of the educational expenses of the family members.
Ideal customers of International Life Insurance are international travelers and expatriates who are living around the world
Get Quote Now
The Benefit Schedule
The benefit schedule of International Life Insurance for death and various dismemberment cases are as follows:
|Accidental death||100% benefit|
|Loss or disability of two members or above||100% benefit|
|Loss of sight – both eyes||100% benefit|
|Loss or disability of one member||50% benefit|
|Loss of hearing – both ears||50% benefit|
|Loss of speech||50% benefit|
|Loss of sight – one eye||50% benefit|
Popular Plan: Petersen High Limit Accident Death Insurance
One of the popular International Life Insurance plans is through Petersen International. You can review the benefit schedule and different coverage options for the High Limit Accident Plan from Petersen. See the Brochure for more information.
Different coverage options
- 24-Hour Coverage: Holistic coverage that includes common carrier coverage and air travel.
- Common Carrier Coverage: Covers all the forms of conveyance on common carriers including air travel. It does not cover the conveyance using private vehicles.
- Air Travel Only Coverage: Covers travel on a certified commercial Aircraft of any commercial airline group operated by a certified pilot.
Petersen High Limit Accident Death: Unique Features
- The benefits are paid apart from your existing plans.
- The survivors can claim the benefits even the loss due to weather conditions or in a conveyance that ended up in sinking or disappearance and not recovered the body even after 365 days from the accident.
- The benefits are also paid on the condition of the presumption of death.
- The beneficiaries get the payment in a single lump sum.
- It provides coverage to accidental bodily injury experienced while in force and led to loss within a year from the accident date.
- War including acts of war and terrorism can be covered under the plan only if the subscriber applies for the same and pays an additional premium.
How to Purchase International Life Insurance?
You can purchase International Life insurance online. Contact us for a quote.
Though you can purchase International Life insurance from multiple sources, the best approach is comparing various travel life insurance plans from different service providers and choosing the best one in terms of rates, policy conditions, and terms. You can also ask for instant quotes on comparison websites. After analyzing the quotes, you can subscribe to the plan by filling and submitting an online application form.
After submitting the application, the service provider will send you a purchase confirmation and policy documents through email. You can also choose the option to review the insurance plan before purchase.
The insurance provider will start reviewing your application, once you submit the completed online form. It goes through underwriting for around 1 to 4 business days and other documentation processes. Policy documents are sent to you as soon as your documents are verified.
The Right Time to Purchase
You can purchase travel life insurance when you are planning to relocate to a foreign country, and you can purchase the plan up until the day before the departure. However, to enjoy the full benefits of the policy, it is good to buy it in advance and ensure that you are fully protected at the time of travel. The late applications can cost you losing some benefits and may even lead to claim denials on certain events.
Underwriting and Pre-existing Conditions
Reliability of Underwriters
You can check the reliability of such companies by going through the A.M. Best rating for these players. It gives you the actual representation of the financial position of such firms and is widely accepted in the insurance industry
- No need for any medical examinations.
- People can send their applications by email or fax.
- The average underwriting cycle time is one to four business days.
- The benefits from the plan cannot exceed ten times the yearly income of the applicant unless otherwise justified.
Covering Pre-existing Conditions
The medical history of each applicant will be evaluated for the purpose and determined on a case-to-case basis. Though medical examination is not required, the Underwriters do require you to declare illnesses/injuries on the application.
International Life Insurance Claims Process
Communicate with the insurance provider about the demise or dismemberment of the insured at the earliest as they can advise you of any specific requirements for the claims process.
Submit all the valid claim forms along with supporting documents for the claims process.
After due verification of the documents, the company accepts your claim and issues a lump sum payout to the beneficiary.
International Life Insurance works to ensure hassle-free disbursal of claims. The survivors can download and fill the claim form from the website, attach all the required documents to it, and send the complete package to the insurance company. They can also call the claims contact number for more information and follow up
Best International Life Insurance Plan
We hope this guide has brought you clarity on the subject and you are no longer uncertain about investing in International Life insurance.
Do you have more questions about plans and coverages? Find out more about visitors health insurance and Travel Insurance for parents visiting the USA.Purchase Now
Major Exclusions of International Life Insurance
In some cases, you cannot get the coverage of your travel life insurance. The situations are as follows:
- Pre-existing medical conditions. Refer to the brochure for more details.
- Fatal accidents due to gross negligence.
- Any illness, injury, or incident that reportedly knew by the insured individual at the time of the insurance subscription.
- Congenital disorders, birth injuries, and any medical conditions due to hereditary factors of any kind.
- Claims in regards to alcoholism, drug abuse, or any other related substance use leading to addictive condition and any illness or injury caused by directly or indirectly from such addiction, abuse, or use.
- Suicide attempt or suicide, and bodily illness or injury that is either willfully self-inflicted or because of reckless or negligent behavior.
- Any claims concerning the illness, injury, or death due to directly or indirectly taking part in any criminal acts or helping to execute criminal offenses.
- Claim requests due to illness, injury, or death resulted due to the travel against advice or warning.
- Any type of hazardous activity and the illness, injury, or death arising from it.
- Any claim attempts directly or indirectly to take part in civil unrest, conflicts, or act of terrorism.
International Life Insurance FAQ
International Life Insurance is a visitor insurance plan for people who travel abroad and want to secure their family from the financial mishaps due to the accidental death and dismemberment of the traveler. It gives benefits in the case of death or dismemberment due to extreme sports, fires, firearms, traffic accidents; plane crashes, private piloting crashes, and more.
You can pay for the High Limit Accident Plan with a credit card or a check payment.
For Underwriting purposes, traveling around the world can prove troublesome if you’re applying for life insurance. Many life insurance companies view travel to some parts of the world as a risk they don’t want to take on. If you have travel plans to certain countries, there is a possibility that a life insurance application can be declined.