Patriot America Plus Insurance for Visitors to the USA
- Who: Patriot America Plus Insurance is available for Non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance while traveling for business or pleasure to the United States. Ideal for parents, family or friends visiting the US from their home country.
- What: Patriot America Plus Insurance Plan provides comprehensive and affordable visitor medical insurance that includes benefits such as hospitalization, prescription drugs, and urgent care visits. The plan provides a wide range of plan maximum limits and deductible options, and it is available for a minimum of five days up to a maximum of two years.
- Where: Provides coverage in the United States.
Why Patriot America Plus Insurance is Best for Visitors?
With Patriot America Plus you can build your plan by choosing your policy maximum and deductible providing you flexible coverage when you travel to the US. It is a complete package with international benefits for individuals, families, and also groups of five or more travelers.
Plan Benefits: Provides coverage for medical illnesses and injuries for in-patient and out-patient treatment as well as Urgent Care. Additional benefits include acute onset of non-chronic pre-existing conditions as well as AD&D, Trip Interruption, Repatriation, Evacuation, and more. You can review the complete benefits in the Brochure.
Pre-existing: Covered up to the chosen policy maximum when treatment is obtained within 24 hours for acute onset of nonchronic pre-existing conditions under 70 years.
PPO Hospital Network: You can search for providers (doctors, hospitals, Urgent care, etc.) in the network at United HealthCare PPO Network.
Special Feature 1: Includes medical coverage for eligible expenses related to COVID-19
Special Feature 2: Optional coverage for Adventure Sports.
Special Feature 3: Customizable coverage to meet your needs with the Enhanced AD&D Rider, Evacuation Plus Rider, and Chaperone/Faculty Leader Replacement Rider
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Patriot America Plus Insurance
Patriot America Plus provides short-term travel medical coverage outside the residence. The plan is available to US citizens as well as non-US citizens whose residence is not in the US and needs coverage in the US. In-network, the plan waives the co-insurance. Deductibles are waived for Urgent Care and have a $25 co-pay. The plan can be purchased from 5 days to 12 months and then renewed up to 2 years for continuous coverage.
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs for individuals, groups, and their dependents
- Urgent Care – $25 copay and No Deductible
- Walk- In Clinic – $15 copay and No Deductible
- In-Network, Coinsurance waived
- COVID-19 coverage for travelers to the U.S.
- Coverage for non-chronic Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions for people under the age of 70 years.
Benefits of Patriot America Plus Insurance
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 69 years||Coverage Amount above 70 years|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
Patriot America Plus Insurance Cost
The pricing is dependent on the following factors:
Plan Limit: The higher the policy maximum you opt for, your premium will go up. You can choose from Policy Maximum’s of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 and $1 million. ($10,000 for above 80 years)
Deductible Amount: You can choose a deductible of US $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500. Choosing a higher deductible reduces your premium.
Age: The cost or premium typically increase with age. The higher the age, the higher will be the premium. The plan is available for ages 14 days to 99 years.
Coverage Days: Patriot America Plus can be bought for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of two years. Premium is based on a daily rate and hence more the number of days, the higher will be the cost.
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders are available for Adventure Sports (for ages up to 65 years) , Enhanced AD&D(for individuals only), Evacuation Plus and Chaperone/Faculty Leader (for groups only).
Patriot America Plus Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $100,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$118||$148|
|From 60 to 64 years||$137||$179|
|From 65 to 69 years||$157||$201|
|From 70 to 79 years||$234||NA|
FAQ: Patriot America Plus Insurance
Patriot America Plus provides coverage to Non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance while traveling for business, studying or pleasure to the US.
In order to be eligible and qualified for coverage under Patriot America Plus, a person must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete and sign an Application as the Insured Person (or be listed thereon by proxy as an applicant and proposed Insured Person), and/or as the Insured Person’s Spouse and/or Child
- Pay the required Premium on or before the Effective Date of Coverage
- Receive written acceptance of his/her Application, renewal or extension from the Company
- Be an individual at least fourteen (14) days old
- On the Effective Date and on subsequent renewal dates, must have legally departed the Country of Residence and legally entered the Destination Country
- Not be Pregnant, Hospitalized or Disabled on the Initial Effective Date
- Not be HIV + on the Initial Effective Date
- Not have established a permanent residency in the Destination Country
Pre-existing conditions are excluded by the Patriot America Plus plan, however, the plan can cover for an acute onset of pre-existing conditions. For people insured under the age of 70, pre-existing conditions can be covered up to the policy maximum when treatment is obtained within 24 hours for an acute onset of a non-chronic pre-existing condition. $25,000 maximum limit for medical evacuation.
A sudden and unexpected outbreak or reoccurrence that is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent medical care. A Pre-existing Condition that is chronic or congenital, or that gradually becomes worse over time is not an Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition. An Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition does not include any condition for which, as of the Effective date, the Insured Person
(i) knew or reasonably foresaw he/she would receive,
(ii) knew he/she should receive,
(iii) had scheduled, or
(iv) were told that he/she must or should receive, any medical care, drugs or Treatment.
Though the plan does not restrict you from going to any doctor in the area, to get negotiated rates and 100% coinsurance, you must see a provider in the network.
You can search for providers (doctors, hospitals, Urgent care, etc.) in the network at United HealthCare PPO Network
The Adventure Sports Rider is available for an additional premium for those up to the age of 65. Activities like abseiling, BMX, bungee jumping, parachuting, wildlife safaris, and windsurfing are covered to the lifetime maximum amounts listed below, as long as they are engaged solely for leisure, recreation, or entertainment purposes. To see a complete list of activities covered, please refer to the Certificate
Age 0-49 years: $50,000 certificate period
Age 50-59 years: $30,000 certificate period
Age 60-64 years: $15,000 certificate period
The application will need the following information of the visitor: name, date of birth, residence address and email address to send the insurance documents. If you have a passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Immediately after submitting the application, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
This policy is renewable as long as your initial plan was at least 5 days. The plan can be bought from 5 days up to 1 year. The plan can be extended before the end date of the policy and can be renewed up to 2 years.
Before the effective date of the policy: Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if the written request is received prior to the effective date of the coverage.
After the effective date of the policy: If the written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
- a) If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then
(i) a cancellation fee of US $50 will be charged; and
(ii) only full month premiums will be considered as refundable
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire claims documents with you before you submit a claim for processing
- Download and complete the Claims Form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach any itemized bills or receipts if money was paid out of pocket for services
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your claim by calling 800.628.4664 or emailing email@example.com
Claims mailing address:
International Medical Group
P.O. Box 88500
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Patriot America Plus is Underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation and is rated “A-” by A M Best. The plan is administered by International Medical Group (IMG).
Patriot America Plus Insurance Comparable Plans
Reviews of Patriot America Plus for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.
We did not actually have to use the inpatient/outpatient coverage or PPO coverage (or covid coverage) during stay in US, but the process of getting insurance coverage was very easy, with friendly and useful advise from the provider’s staff about choices offered, process of payment, etc, and prompt response to our questions.
All in all, our experience was very positive, and I would recommend this service to those who are looking for similar insurance.