Safe Travels USA for Visitors to USA
- Who: Available to Non-US citizens under the age of 90 years who reside outside the USA and are traveling outside of Their Home Country to visit solely the United States, or to visit a combination of the United States and other countries worldwide. Ideal for parents, family members, and friends visiting the US. The plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or Green Card Holders in the US.
- What: Provides insurance for medical accidents, illness, emergency medical treatment, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, accidental death, and dismemberment.
- Where: Provides coverage for those traveling outside of Their Home Country to visit solely the United States, or to visit a combination of the United States and other countries worldwide.
Why is Safe Travels USA Insurance Good for Visitors?
Plan Benefits: The policy offers coverage for in-patient (hospitalization) and out-patient medical expenses due to illness and injury. It includes prescription drugs, dental treatment, mental or nervous disorders, etc. The plan includes coverage for emergency reunion up to a maximum of $15,000. Political/Natural Disaster Evacuation is covered up to $25,000. Return of Minor Child(ren) or Travel Companion is covered up to $5,000. Safe Travels USA Plan has an overall policy maximum ranging from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
Deductible: Choice of deductibles from $0 to $5,000.
Pre-existing: 1 acute episode per pre-existing condition covered up to $1000
PPO Hospital Network: You can search for providers (doctors, hospitals, Urgent care, etc.) in the Coventry First Health PPO Network.
Special Feature 1: Covid-19 covered as any other illness.
Special Feature 2: Covers Wellness Visit within the first 21 days of the effective date.
Special Feature 3: Optional Athletic Sports Coverage and Home country coverage. AD&D upgrade available
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Safe Travels USA Insurance?
Underwritten by Crum and Foster, Safe Travels USA or Safe Travels Cost Saver plan provides coverage to non-US citizens who reside outside the USA and are traveling outside their Home Country to visit the United States or to the United States & Worldwide. The plan covers Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing condition up to $1,000. The plan covers en-route to USA and in countries while on the way to USA or the way home as well as countries on the itinerary. This plan is not available to green cardholders in the USA or US Citizens. This plan is available to anyone below the age of 90 years. COVID-19 expenses are covered and treated as any other sickness. The plan offers coverage for one Wellness Visit with the first 21 days of the effective date. Coverage can initially be purchased for a minimum of five (5) days up to a maximum of 364 days. If a minimum of 5 days is purchased, the coverage may be extended, at the rates in force at the time of extension.
You can review the benefits in the Brochure
- Insurance for medical accident and sickness, emergency medical and political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- COVID-19 EXPENSES are covered and treated as any other sickness
- $75 Doctor Wellness Visit Benefit
- Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition
- In network, deductible and Coinsurance waived
- Up to $1,000,000 in Secondary emergency medical coverage
- Coverage from 5 days to 364 days
- Extendable with uninterrupted coverage for up to 24 consecutive months
- Optional coverage for Athletic sports coverage and Home country coverage available
Benefits for Safe Travels USA Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 64years||Coverage Amount above 64 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $50,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $50,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $50,000|
What is the price or cost of Safe Travels USA Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The pricing is dependent on the following factors: Premium is calculated on a daily rate based on the plan limit, age, and deductible you opt for. Hence higher the number of coverage days, the higher will be the premium.
Plan Limit: There are various options to choose from. Plan offers five plan limits of $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000. Persons up to age 64 are eligible for all plans. Persons age 65 and older are eligible for the $50,000 plan only.
Deductible: You can choose from options of- $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000.
Age: The Safe Travels USA plan is available to visitors to the US who are below the age of 90 years.
Coverage Days: Plan offers coverage from 5 days to 1 year; renewable up to 24 consecutive months.
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders include the following:
Optional riders include the following:
- Home Country/ Follow Me Home: Provides coverage for injury or sickness that occurs during an incidental trip to back to your home country or for covered expenses incurred in your home country for conditions first diagnosed outside your home country and treated during your policy period. You must purchase 30 days of coverage to add this benefit.
- Athletic Sports Coverage: Provides coverage for injuries incurred during amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities such as archery, tennis, swimming, cross country, track, volleyball golf, ballet, basketball, cheerleading, equestrian, fencing, field hockey, football (no division 1), gymnastics, hockey, karate, lacrosse, polo, rowing, rugby and soccer
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: $25,000 is included in the policy however you have the option to increase this benefit to $500,000 with an additional premium.
Safe Travels USA Insurance Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit |
|Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$102||$178|
|From 60 to 64 years||$117||$229|
|From 65 to 69 years||$135||NA|
|From 70 to 79 years||$195||NA|
FAQ: How does Safe Travels USA Plan work?
Safe Travels USA plan provides coverage to non-US citizens who reside outside the USA and are traveling outside of their Home Country while visiting the United States or to the United States and Worldwide. This plan is not available to green card holders in the USA. This plan is not available to anyone age 90 or above.
This policy does not cover pre-existing conditions. However, Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition shall be covered up to $1,000 subject to the chosen Deductible and Coinsurance for Covered Expenses resulting from a sudden, unexpected recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition while traveling outside the Covered Person’s Home Country.
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre- Existing Condition which occurs
1) spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent and immediate medical care;
2) is a minimum of 48 hours after the Effective Date of the policy; and
3) prior to the age shown in the Schedule of Benefits/Limits with treatment being obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
A Pre-Existing Condition that is a congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time will not be considered an Unexpected Recurrence.
This insurance policy offers the option of a PPO network for medical treatment received in the United States. If you choose to seek treatment from a PPO provider, billed charges for eligible expenses may be reduced and the insurance company can remit payment directly to the provider. Additionally, the plan can apply the in-network coinsurance applicable to the expenses.
You may review a listing of hospitals, physicians, and other medical service providers included in the PPO Network for the area where you will be receiving treatment.
Safe Travels USA plan does not provide coverage for adventure sports. However, for an additional premium, the plan offers an optional athletic sports coverage rider. You can review the Brochure for more details
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s address, passport country, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Once the application is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
A renewal notice will be emailed before the Policy Period ends and prior to your termination date. You are subject to the following rules at renewal: Coverage may be renewed if it is initially purchased for a minimum of 5days. If available, additional periods are charged at the premium rate in force at the time of renewal. The total Policy Period cannot exceed 24 months. Five days premium is the minimum acceptable renewal premium and twelve months premium is the maximum. There are no grace periods for renewals. Once the policy has lapsed, you would need to reapply. Please note: once you reapply for a new policy, the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion, deductible and co-insurance start over.
Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if written request is received by Us prior to the Effective Date of the coverage. If written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
- If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- If no claims have been filed with the Company, then (i) a cancellation fee of US$25 will be charged; and (ii) only unused days premiums will be considered as refundable; and
- If after a refund is made, it is determined that a claim was presented to the company on an Insured Person’s behalf, the Insured Person will be fully responsible for that claim in its entirety.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire Claims documents with you before you submit the Claims for processing
- Download and complete the Claims Form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach the itemized bills
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your Claim by calling 877.916.7920 or emailing Trawickclaims@cbpinsure.com
Claims filing address and email:
Address: Co-ordinated Benefit Plans LLC on Behalf of Crum and Forster SPC
PO Box 2069 Fairhope AL 36533
Toll-Free #: 866-669-9004 or 866-696-0409
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Toll-free within the United States and Canada: 877-916-7920
Outside the United States and Canada, call direct or Collect: 949-916-7941
This plan is underwritten by Crum & Forster International with an A.M Best rating “A”
Reviews of Safe Travels USA for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.