Patriot America Lite for Visitors to USA
- Who: Patriot America Lite is available for non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance coverage while in the US. Available to parents, family members, visitors, students traveling to the US from their home country for school, business, or pleasure.
- What: Provides comprehensive and affordable visitor insurance that includes services such as hospitalization, prescription drugs, and Urgent Care visits.
- Where: Patriot America Lite provides coverage outside the residence and in the United States.
Why is Patriot America Lite Good for Visitors?
Patriot America Lite visitor health insurance plan will ensure you are covered in the event any medical emergencies arise while on your trip.
- Plan Benefits: Plan includes services such as hospitalization, prescription drugs, and urgent care visit insurance coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness from $50,000 to $1 million and deductibles from $0 to $2,500.
- Pre-existing: The policy does not cover pre-existing conditions and does not include benefits for an acute onset of a preexisting condition.
- PPO Hospital Network: Search for in-network medical providers such as doctors, hospitals, and urgent care offices at United HealthCare PPO Network
- Special Feature 1: Co-insurance is waived if you go to in-network providers.
- Special Feature 2: Optional coverage to meet your needs with the Adventure Sports Rider, Enhanced AD&D Rider(individual only), and Evacuation Plus Rider
You can review the brochure for more details.
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Patriot America Lite?
Patriot America Lite can be bought for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 24 continuous months. provides temporary travel medical coverage outside the residence. The plan is available to US citizens as well as non-US citizens whose residence is not in the US and needs coverage in the US. In-network, the plan waives the co-insurance.
You can review the benefits in the Brochure
Patriot America Lite Plan Highlights:
- Coverage for Hospitalization, ER, Dr. Office Visits, Prescription Drugs for individuals, groups, and their dependents
- $25 co-pay for Urgent Care
- In-Network, Coinsurance waived
- Walk-In Clinic – $15 copay and No Deductible
- Coverage for Chiropractic Care (with medical order and treatment plan)
- Coverage for Physical Therapy (with medical order and treatment plan)
Benefits of Patriot® AMERICA Insurance
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 69 years||Coverage Amount above 70 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $50,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
Talk with an expert!
+1 (804) 325-1385
Patriot® America Insurance Cost
The pricing is dependent on the following factors:
Plan Limit: The plan limit you choose will determine the premium. The higher the plan limit, the higher will be the premium. You can choose maximum limits of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, $1,000,000 depending on age.
Deductible Amount: You can choose deductible from US$0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500. If you opt for a higher deductible, it will lower the premium.
Age: The plan is available for ages 14 days to 99 years. Age directly affects the cost of the plan. Premium will go up with the age.
Coverage Days: Premium is based on a daily rate, hence the more the number of coverage days, the higher will be the premium. Plan can be purchased for up to 12 months period and can be extended up to 24 consecutive months.
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders include the following: Adventure Sports Rider, Enhanced AD&D Rider (individual only) and Evacuation Plus Rider
Patriot America Lite Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$110||$192|
|From 60 to 64 years||$130||$248|
|From 65 to 69 years||$146||NA|
|From 70 to 79 years||$208||NA|
FAQ: Patriot America Lite Insurance
Patriot America Lite travel insurance is available for any non-U.S. residents whose upcoming travel plans include staying in the United States for a period of time. There are no restrictions based on travel type (business, pleasure, school, etc). For coverage to take effect, travelers must pay the required premium on or before the effective date of coverage and must have legally entered their destination country on the effective date. All applicants must be at least 14 days old and cannot be HIV+, pregnant, hospitalized, or disabled on the plan effective date.
Pre-existing conditions are excluded by the Patriot America Lite plan. The policy does not include benefits for an acute onset of a preexisting condition.
The Patriot America Lite travel plan has access to thousands of medical providers all across the United States. Though the plan does not restrict you from going to out-of-network providers, in-network providers have negotiated rates and are cheaper than providers out of the Patriot America Lite insurance network.
In the US, you can search for in-network medical providers such as doctors, hospitals, and urgent care offices at the United HealthCare PPO Network website.
Adventure Sports Rider add-on coverage is available for an additional premium for insured travelers up to the age of 65. Activities like abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hot air ballooning, jungle zip-lining, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, rappelling, skydiving; spelunking, whitewater kayaking, wildlife safaris, and windsurfing are covered to the lifetime maximum amounts listed below as long as they are engaged solely for leisure, recreation, or entertainment purposes. To see a complete list and for additional information, please refer to the Certificate of Insurance
Age 0-49 years: $50,000 certificate period
Age 50-59 years: $30,000 certificate period
Age 60-64 years: $15,000 certificate period
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s address, passport country, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Once the application is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
Yes, you can complete Online Renewal as long as your initial purchase was a minimum of 5 days, you can renew the policy before the end date. In addition, the plan can be extended before the end date of the policy and can be renewed for up to 24 months of continuous coverage.
Before the effective date of the policy: Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if the written request is received prior to the effective date of the coverage.
After the effective date of the policy: If the written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
- a) If any claims have been filed with the Company, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
- b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then
(i) a cancellation fee of US $50 will be charged; and
(ii) only full month premiums will be considered as refundable
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire claims documents with you before you submit a claim for processing
- Download and complete the Claims Form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach any itemized bills or receipts if money was paid out of pocket for services
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 90 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your claim by calling 800.628.4664 or emailing email@example.com
Claims mailing address:
International Medical Group
P.O. Box 88500
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for travel emergencies is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Call +1 (317) 655-4500 (ext 0)
Patriot America Lite health insurance is Underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation and is rated “A-” by A.M. Best. The plan is administered by International Medical Group (IMG).
Patriot America Lite Insurance – Comparable Plans
Reviews of Patriot America Lite Insurance for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.
We were extremely satisfied with the plan. Unfortunately, we had to avail of the benefits but we are so thankful. The customer service was excellent. The agency through which we purchased the plan was superb (Thank you Chiranth and staff) and the Plan administrator was very helpful. All our needs and questions were addressed. I wholeheartedly recommend the services to anyone in need of purchasing travel insurance.