Patriot GoTravel Insurance for International Travelers
- Who: Available to U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States and for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their country of home country.
- What: Provides insurance for medical accidents, illness, prescription drugs, Hospital daily indemnity, terrorism, sports, trip interruption, accidental death, and dismemberment.
- Where: The Patriot GoTravel America provides coverage for people traveling outside their home country and Patriot GoTravel International provides coverage for US citizens traveling outside the U.S. with coverage for brief returns to the U.S.
Why is Patriot GoTravel Insurance Good for Visitors?
Patriot Go travel insurance is designed for budget-conscious international travelers. The plan offers excellent benefits and services to meet your global travel needs.
Plan Benefits: Coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness up to $1 million. Choice of deductibles from $0 to $2,500.
Pre-existing: Covers sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition.
For Non-US citizens: Up to age 65 years, coverage of $50,000 lifetime maximum for an Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition and ages above 65 years coverage of $2,500 lifetime maximum
For US Citizens: Coverage up to policy maximum for an Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition up to age 65 years with a primary health plan, $20,000 without a primary health plan, and $2,500 for above 65 years.
PPO Hospital Network: When seeking treatment in the U.S., you may reduce your out-of-pocket costs by using the UnitedHealth PPO network
Special Feature 1: Optional Adventure Sports Rider.
Special Feature 2: Enhanced AD&D rider.
Special Feature 3: Citizenship Return Rider.
What Coverage and Benefits are Offered by Patriot GoTravel Insurance?
Patriot Go Travel Insurance provides coverage for travelers outside their country of citizenship. U.S. citizens are covered outside the US and non us citizens are covered all over the world including the US except in the country of their citizenship. Coverage is available for a minimum of 10 days up to a maximum of two years. You can review the detailed benefits in the Brochure
- Insurance for hospitalization, Emergency Room, Office Visits, and Prescription Drugs for accidents and illnesses, emergency medical and political evacuation, trip interruption, baggage, personal liability, and AD&D.
- Coverage of $ 50,000-lifetime maximum for an Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition for non-US Citizens up to age 65 years and $2,500 for above 65 years.
- Coverage up to policy maximum for an Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition for US Citizens up to age 65 years with a primary health plan, $20,000 without a health plan, and $2,500 for above 65 years.
- Coverage for 10 days to up to 2 years
- Optional AD&D, Personal Liability Coverage, Crisis Response coverage upgrade available
- Identity Theft assistance
- Optional riders for Adventure Sports, AD&D, and Citizenship Rider
Benefits for Patriot GoTravel Insurance Plan
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 69 years||Coverage Amount above 69 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $50,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $50,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $50,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $50,000|
What is the Price or Cost of Patriot GoTravel Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The higher the plan limit, age, or coverage days, the higher will be the premium. If you add any optional coverage the premium will increase. Your premium reduces if you opt for a higher deductible
Plan Limit: Patriot GoTravel Insurance provides a choice of Policy Maximum from $50,000 to $1,000,000 for coverage for non-US citizens and a choice of $50,000 to $2,000,000 for coverage for US citizens. Seniors 80+ years have a $10,000 policy maximum.
Age: The plan is available for individuals ages 14 days to 80+ years.
Coverage Days: If the plan is purchased for a minimum of 10 days, coverage may be renewed (without break in coverage) for a maximum of up to two years.
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders includes Adventure Sports Rider, Enhanced AD&D Rider, Citizenship Return Rider.
Patriot GoTravel Insurance Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $50,000||Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$118||$202|
|From 60 to 64 years||$139||$243|
|From 65 to 69 years||$159||$265|
|From 70 to 79 years||$215||NA|
FAQ: How does Patriot GoTravel Insurance Plan work?
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in Patriot GoTravel Insurance:
- Patriot GoTravel Medical Insurance is travel insurance for U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States and for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their country of citizenship.
- For those over age 65 and visiting the U.S., your initial Period of Coverage must begin within 30 days of arrival in the U.S. This requirement will be waived with proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Please provide the name of your insurance carrier on the Application Form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your Application Form.
Coverage becomes effective on the latest of:
- the date IMG receives your completed Application Form and the appropriate premium;
- the date you depart from your home country; or
- the date requested on your Application Form.
Coverage will end on the earliest of:
- the end of the period for which premium has been paid;
- the date requested on your Application Form; or
the date you return to your home country
For US citizens: Sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition is covered as follows:
Up to age 65 with primary health plan: URC up to plan maximum.
Up to age 65: $20,000 lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses.
Age 65+: $2,500 lifetime maximum.
For non-U.S. citizens: Sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition is covered as follows:
Up to age 65: $50,000 lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses.
Age 65+: $2,500 lifetime maximum
Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition means a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre- Existing Condition which
1) occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent and immediate medical care; and
2) occurs a minimum of 48 hours after the Effective Date of the policy and
3) treatment is obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
With the Patriot GoTravel Insurance plan, you may seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice. When seeking treatment in the U.S., you may reduce your out-of-pocket costs by using the independent Preferred Provider Organization PPO.
Patriot GoTravel insurance plan providers coverage for basic sports only. However, optional Adventure Sports Rider can be purchased by insureds up to age 65 at an additional cost.
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s address, passport country, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Once the application is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
Renewals are available in whole month or daily increments and may be completed online or by using a paper application, however, renewals of less than one month are available only online. For each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will be charged an additional US$5 processing fee.
In order to be considered for a full refund, your request for cancellation must be received prior to your effective date. If you do not have any claims filed, you may cancel your plan after your effective date, however you will be charged US$25 cancellation fee and only full month premiums will be considered for refunds. If you have filed claims, your premium is non refundable.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire Claims documents with you before you submit the Claims for processing.
Claim forms can be accessed at www.imglobal.com and mailed to:
International Medical Group
P.O. Box 88500
Indianapolis, IN 46208-0500 USA.
All IMG contact numbers, claim forms and the Certificate of Insurance are included in the fulfilment kit. IMG may also be contacted by fax: 1.317.655.4505 or email: email@example.com
Patriot GoTravel Insurance is underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation.
Reviews of Patriot GoTravel Insurance Plan for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.