WorldMed Insurance® for International Travel
- Who: WorldMed is available to anyone, ages 14 days to 69 years, traveling to a foreign country for trip lengths of 5 to 364 days. That includes those foreigners and visitors traveling to and from the U.S.
- What: Provides insurance for medical accidents, illness, emergency medical treatment, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, emergency dental, student travel, personal liability, recreational sports, trip interruption, baggage loss, accidental death and dismemberment and more. Optional coverage for Hazardous sports, Crisis Response, AD&D, and Intercollegiate/ Interscholastic sports available.
- Where: Provides medical coverage for visitors to the US with the WorldMed Inbound plan and outside the U.S with the WorldMed Outbound Plan. The plan offers travel health insurance for those traveling outside their home countries
Why is WorldMed
INSURANCE® Good for Visitors?
WorldMed Insurance® is designed for people who are living or traveling outside their home country from5 days to 364 days, providing high limit illness and accident expense protection at a reasonable cost.
Coverage for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illness up to $2 million, Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, emergency dental, trip interruption, baggage, personal liability, recreational sports, accidental death, and dismemberment. Choice of deductibles from $0 to $2,500.
You can review the benefits in the Brochure
Pre-existing: Acute onset of pre-existing condition covered up to $200,000 for ages up to 59; $20,000 for ages 60 and above
PPO Hospital Network:
You may go to any licensed health care provider. However, if you use a doctor or hospital in WorldMed’s large preferred provider network, you will pay a lower co-insurance than if you go outside the network.
Special Feature 1: Optional Add-on Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
Special Feature 2: Intercollegiate/Interscholastic sports coverage.
Special Feature 3: Hazardous Activities
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by WorldMed
WorldMed Insurance® provides Accident and Sickness Medical Coverage, Travel Assistance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits to Non-U.S. Citizens who are at least 14 days of age and under age 70 and that are traveling outside of their home countries. WorldMed Insurance® also provides you with 24-hour access to emergency assistance services through AIG Assist. The plan offers two options WorldMed Inbound plan, for those whose travel includes the U.S. and WorldMed Outbound plan is for those traveling anywhere except the U.S. The plan can be purchased for a minimum of 15 days to a maximum of 364 days.
- Medical Expense for accident and sickness up to $2,000,000
- In the US, Urgent Care has a Co-pay of $25 and no deductible
- In the US, in-network the plan pays 100% for eligible expenses up to the policy maximum
- Emergency Eye Exam for a Covered Loss up to $150
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains
- Emergency Reunion and Emergency Travelers Assistance
- Lost Baggage, Trip Interruption
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Optional upgrade for AD&D, Interscholastic/Intercollegiate Sports, Hazardous activities, and Crisis Response.
Benefits of WorldMed
INSURANCE® Plan (Inbound and Outbound)
|Benefit||Coverage Amount up to 69 years||Coverage Amount above 70 years|
|In-patient Hospital||From $500,000|
|Out-patient Clinic||From $500,000|
|Doctor Visit||From $500,000|
|Prescription Drugs||From $500,000|
What is the Price or Cost of WorldMed
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The premium is typically higher if you opt for a higher plan limit, or you fall in a higher age category, or the number of coverage days is more. If you add any optional coverage the premium will increase. Your premium reduces if you opt for a higher deductible.
Plan Limit: WorldMed Insurance® provides coverage in the US (Inbound) as well as outside the US (Outbound) You can choose from plans limits of $500,000, $1,000,000 and $2,000,000. You can choose from Deductibles of $0, $250, $500, $1,000, and $2,500
Plan offers two plan limits of $500,000 and 1000,000.
Age: Available for members who are at least 14 days of age and under age 70.
Coverage Days: The plan can be purchased for a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 364 days.
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders include the following:
- Additional $100,000 Add-on Accidental Death and Dismemberment for ages below 70 years.
2. Intercollegiate/Interscholastic sports coverage.
3. Hazardous Activities. 4. Crisis Response rider provides coverage for kidnap, ransom, natural disaster evacuation, and expenses associated with crisis response
INSURANCE® Plan Price Table
|Age||Policy Max Limit $500,000||Policy Max Limit $1,000,000|
|From 50 to 59 years||$222||$241|
|From 60 to 64 years||$272||$294|
|From 65 to 69 years||$306||$332|
|From 70 to 79 years||NA||NA|
FAQ: How does WorldMed Insurance® Plan work?
WorldMed Insurance® is available to anyone, ages 14 days to 69 years, traveling to a foreign country for trip lengths of 5 to 364 days. That includes those traveling to and from the U.S.
The plan provides coverage outside the home country.
No, preexisting conditions are not covered under WorldMed Insurance policy. However, acute onset of a pre-existing condition is covered up to $200,000 up to age 59; $20,000 for ages 60 and above
A Pre-existing Condition is any condition:
- for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within 18 months* prior to your effective date of coverage
- which would cause a reasonably prudent person to seek medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment within 18 months* prior to your effective date of coverage
- that existed (with reasonable medical certainty) with 18 months* prior to your effective date of coverage, whether or not it was known to you.
For individuals whose travel does not include the U.S. (Outbound), the pre-existing condition exclusion period is 6 months.
An Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a pre-existing condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence. Chronic and congenital conditions are excluded from coverage.
An optional rider can be purchased to cover Intercollegiate, Interscholastic Athletics, Club Sports, and Organized Amateur Sport as well as hazardous sports activities.
You can review the Brochure for details.
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s home country address and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
An email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include the ID card, Cover letter and Plan Summary.
WorldMed INSURANCE® cannot be renewed. However, if you anticipate staying outside of your home country and in a foreign country longer, you can purchase an additional WorldMed Insurance plan to begin at the end of your current plan. A new Deductible, Coinsurance, other limits, and Pre-existing Condition Exclusion will apply at each succeeding or subsequent Period of Coverage.
Before the effective date of the policy: Full cancellation and refund will only be considered if the written request is received prior to the Effective Date of the coverage.
After the effective date of the policy: If the written request is received after the Effective Date of coverage, the following conditions apply if the Insured Person wishes to cancel the insurance and a written partial refund request has been made:
a) If any claims have been filed, the Premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
b) If no claims have been filed with the Company, then a pro-rated refund is possible with a cancellation fee of US $25.
If you have paid for the bills upfront at the provider’s office or if you have paid for prescription drugs, you can follow the steps below to submit a claim.
It is a good practice to keep a copy of the entire Claims documents with you before you submit the Claims for processing
- Download and complete the Claims Form.
Inbound Claims Form: Claims Form/Claimant Statement
Non-US Claims Form: Claims form
- Attach copies of all the pages of the passport
- Attach the itemized bills
- Submit the above within the stipulated time of 60 days after seeing the provider
- Follow up on your Claim by calling 1-800-605-2282 emailing email@example.com
Claims filing address and email:
Medical Insurance Services Group
Box No. 2005
Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005
Claims Number: 1-800-605-2282
WorldMed™ insurance is underwritten by The Lloyds of London – Syndicate 4141.
Reviews of WorldMed Insurance® for international travelers
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.