Traveling to the US in 2024 requires careful planning, including securing the right travel.Explore More
Visitors Protect Insurance is a comprehensive visitor insurance policy that is designed for visitors traveling to the US, Canada, and Mexico. Like other comprehensive travel medical insurance plans, Visitors Protect covers eligible medical expenses, hospital stays, lab and diagnostics, surgeries, physical therapy, outpatient prescription drugs, local ambulance, medical evacuation, dental treatment, AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment), and more.
The coverage period starts from 90 days to 12 months. The plan follows United Healthcare inside the US and IPA network outside the US. Visitors aged between 14 to 99 years can buy this plan. Non-US residents and non-citizens of US are eligible for the plan. US residents, citizens, and green card holders are not eligible to buy this plan.
What is new in Visitors Protect Insurance?
Visitors Protect covers pre-existing conditions with a deductible of $1,500 per injury or illness. Travelers visiting the US with pre-existing medical issues can opt for this plan. Individuals below the age of 69 can enjoy a maximum limit of up to $25,000. Individuals aged 70 and above have a maximum limit of up to $20,000.
The plan also covers CareClix Consultation service, which provides insured members with access to a broad network of medical professionals for diagnosis and treatment of non-emergency medical problems. If necessary, insured individuals can get prescriptions for medications. However, it should be noted that CareClix Consultation does not support diagnosis of mental or nervous disorders.
How does Visitors Protect Insurance plan work?
Visitors Protect works like other comprehensive visitor insurance plans. Designed for visitors traveling to the US, the plan covers eligible medical expenses, hospital stays, surgeries, walk-ins, emergency doctor visits, physical therapy, pre-existing conditions, COVID-19 treatment, lab diagnostics, emergency medical evacuation, AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment), and more
When you buy Visitors Protect plan, you will get coverage in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The plan covers pre-existing conditions, making it easy for senior travelers to travel abroad. Unlike other visitor insurance plans that typically cover only the acute onset of pre-existing conditions, Visitors Protect covers pre-existing conditions.
The plan provides coverage up to three maximum limits: $50,000, $100,000, or $250,000. Within the network, the plan covers 75% of eligible medical expenses, hospitalization, surgery, diagnostics, prescription drugs, physician visits, local ambulance, dental treatment, traumatic injury, etc. Out-of-network, these eligible medical expenses are covered up to 60%. However, the plan covers 100% of expenses both in and out of network for an emergency reunion, medical evacuation, return of minor children, return of remains, and CareClix consultation.
Benefits of Visitors Protect Insurance Plan
- Members receive COVID-19 treatment– Visitors Protect plan covers COVID-19 treatment abroad. The plan will take care of medical expenses associated with COVID-19 treatment, allowing the member to stay stress-free if they contract the virus while traveling abroad.
- Covers pre-existing conditions– Unlike other visitor insurance policies, Visitors Protect provides temporary medical coverage to pre-existing conditions. The policy maximum limit differs for individuals up to age 69 and those over age 70.
- Offers CareClix consultation- The plan provides access to a broad network of certified doctors who can treat, diagnose, and prescribe medications for non-emergency medical problems.
- Medical evacuation- If an insured individual needs urgent evacuation from a remote location to a well-equipped medical facility, the plan provides 100% coverage for both in-network and out-of-network evacuations.
- Accidental death and dismemberment- In the event of death, the plan can arrange for the deceased to return to their home country.
What is not covered?
General exclusions are:
- CareClix consultation does not support diagnosis for mental or nervous disorders.
- Claim or losses incurred due to war, invasion, act of foreign hostilities, warlike operations, civil war, mutiny, riot, strike, insurgency, military or usurped power are not covered under the plan.
- Losses incurred due to radiology, chemical, nuclear, or biological events are not covered under the plan.
- Losses incurred due to an act of terrorism is not covered.
- Coverage for pre-natal care, delivery, post-natal care, newborns, miscarriage, complications of pregnancy, etc., are excluded from this policy.
- Charges for routine physical examination are excluded from this policy.
- Elective surgery or treatment of any kind is not included in the policy.
- Charges for cosmetic treatment for aesthetic purposes are not covered under this policy.
- Any illness or injury sustained while participating or training for athletic activities and extreme sports are an exempt from coverage.
- Any illness or injury sustained under the influence of alcohol, liquor, intoxicating substance, narcotics, or drugs are not covered.
- The plan does not cover any self-inflicted injury or illness.
Review the plan brochure to know more about the benefits and limitation under the plan.
How to claim Visitors Protect Insurance Plan?
A claim form must be completed and submitted on the IMG official claim site.
Proof of claim must include the following:
- Completed and signed claim forms for each new illness/disease/diagnosis.
- All original billing forms and statements of services rendered from doctors, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
- All original receipts for medical expenses, prescription medications, and other fees incurred or paid by the insured.
The insured person must submit the complete proof of claim within 180 days (about 6 months) of the claim incurred. If required, the insurance company will ask the insured individual to sign an authorization to release medical information to request medical records. The insured member must submit the requested information within 60 days (about 2 months) of the request. The insurance company will proceed with reimbursement after reviewing all the submitted documents.
Visitors Protect is a comprehensive medical insurance policy that caters to visitors of all age groups. The plan’s latest features has made it quite popular among older travelers. Furthermore, the plan is an IMG product, underwritten by Sirius Point Specialty Insurance Corporation, and has been given an A- rating by AM Best.
Do you wish to buy Visitors Protect? Call Visitor Guard®.