Safe Travels USA Trip Protection for Visitors to USA
- Who: Available to non-US citizens up to 79 years of age traveling to the US and worldwide from their home country. This plan is not available to US Citizens, US Residents, or US green cardholders in the USA, or US green card holders traveling to the USA.
- What: Plan provides benefits for trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical, missed connection, trip delay, baggage, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, and AD&D
- Where: Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Plan provides coverage outside the home country in the United States
Why is Safe Travels Trip Protection Insurance Good for Visitor
Safe Travels USA Trip Protection provides trip cancellation, interruption, and travel delay plan for anyone up to age 79 traveling to the USA and or worldwide/USA for 5 days up to a maximum of 180 days. Rates are based on the insured trip amount, age, and medical plan maximum you opt for. You can choose from five medical maximums. Covered en-route to and in countries while on the way to the USA or the way home as well as countries on the itinerary. COVID-19 EXPENSES are covered and treated as any other sickness.
Plan Benefits: The plan provides complete trip protection for trip cancellation of trip costs for up to a maximum of $25,000. The included trip interruption benefit covers 150% of the trip for up to a maximum of $37,500.
Pre-existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver: Exclusion is waived if coverage is purchased no later than 30 days after the final trip payment.
Special Feature 1: COVID-19 EXPENSES are covered and treated as any other sickness.
Special Feature 2: Choice of emergency Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses of $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000.
Special Feature 3: Athletic Sports Coverage Rider provides coverage for injuries incurred during amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities.
What Coverage and Benefits are offered by Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Plan?
Safe Travels USA Trip Protection is a trip cancellation, interruption, and travel delay plan for anyone up to age 79 traveling to the USA and worldwide for 5 days up to a maximum of 180 days. It is not renewable. The plan covers nonrefundable financial penalties or losses you incur when you cancel a prepaid tour or flight for a covered reason. COVID-19 EXPENSES are covered and treated as any other sickness. The policy includes pre-existing condition waiver. Trip cancellation benefits are available if you, your travel partner, or family member can’t travel because of sickness, death, or other acceptable listed reasons. The plan provides you protection if your tour company or airline goes out of business or can’t perform as promised or if there a terrorist attack in a city listed in your itinerary. You are also covered should you miss your cruise or tour departure as the result of the cancellation or delay of or 12 more hours of your regularly scheduled airline flights due to inclement weather.
- Trip Cancellation for 100% of Trip Cost up to $25,000 max.
- Trip Interruption for 150% of Trip Cost up to $37,500 max.
- Missed connection up to $1,000 as a result of cancelation or delay of 12 hours or more
- Trip delay up to $1,000 ($100/day) if the first outward journey or return leg is delayed by at least 12 hours or more
- Emergency medical evacuation up to $2,000,000
- Repatriation for Remains covered at 100% up to $1 million
- 24 Hour AD&D of $10,000 or $25,000 (age-dependent)
- Athletic sports coverage upgrade includes activities such as archery, tennis, swimming, cross country volleyball, golf, ballet, basketball, cheerleading, equestrian, fencing, field hockey, football (no division 1), gymnastics, hockey, karate, lacrosse, polo, rowing, rugby, and soccer
- Worldwide assistance is included at no extra cost
- Optional upgrade for home country/follow me home provides protection for injury or sickness that occurs during an incidental trip back to the home country.
Benefits for Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Plan
|Trip Cancellation||100% of Trip cost ($25,000 Max.)|
|Trip Interruption||150% of Trip cost ($37,500 Max.)|
|Trip Delay||$1,000 ($100/day) (12 Hours or more)|
|Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense||From $50,000 to $1,000,000|
What is the price or cost of Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Insurance?
The pricing is dependent on the following factors: The trip cost, age of the insured, and what medical plan maximum is chosen. If you add the optional coverage riders, your cost will go up.
Plan Limits: You can choose from five (5) medical maximum: $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, and $1,000,000
Age: Available up to age 79 years
Coverage Days: Can be bought for minimum 5 days to a maximum of 180 days
Optional Coverage Benefits Riders: Optional riders include the following:
- 24-Hour AD&D: $25,000 is included in the policy however you have the option to increase this benefit to $500,000 with an additional premium.
- Athletic Sports Coverage: Provides coverage for injuries incurred during amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities including but not limited to Tennis, Football, Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Gymnastics, and more
- Home Country/ Follow Me Home: Provides coverage for injury or sickness that occurs during an incidental trip to back to your home country or for covered expenses incurred in your home country for conditions first diagnosed outside your home country and treated during your policy period.
Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Price Table:
|From 0 to 34 years||$24||$44||$96||$182|
|From 35 to 59 years||$32||$58||$127||$242|
|From 60 to 69 years||$47||$84||$185||$350|
|From 70 to 74 years||$61||$110||$241||$459|
|From 74 to 79 years||$72||$130||$286||$543|
FAQ: How does Safe Travels USA Trip Protection Plan work?
Non-US citizens up to 79 years old who travel to the United States and other foreign nations from their home country are eligible for this plan.
Pre-existing condition exclusion is waived if coverage is purchased no later than 30 days after the final trip payment.
No, adventure sports are excluded from coverage. However, for an additional premium the plan offers an optional sports rider for Injuries incurred during injuries incurred during amateur, Club, Intramural, Interscholastic, Intercollegiate activities as listed below:
Class 1 – Archery, Tennis, Swimming, Cross Country, Track, Volleyball & Golf
Class 2 – Ballet, Basketball, Cheerleading, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey Football (no division 1), Gymnastics, Hocket, Karate, Lacrosse, Polo, Rowing, Rugby & Soccer.
The application will need the name, date of birth, visitor’s address, passport country, nonrefundable trip cost, trip deposit date, and email address to send the insurance documents. If you do have the passport number, you can enter it. A valid credit card will be required to complete the purchase.
Once the application is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address provided on the application which will include links to download the ID card, Visa Letter, and Certificate wording.
A completed Claims Form can be submitted at the address below:
Co-ordinated Benefit Plans, LLC on Behalf of Global Benefits Group
PO Box 2069
Fairhope AL 36533
For claim status or questions please call Toll Free: 866-669-9004 or email
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year Toll free within the United States and
Canada: 877-916-7920 Outside the United States and Canada, call direct or Collect:
This plan is underwritten by GBG Insurance Limited
Reviews of Safe Travels USA Trip Protection for US Visitors
Add your comment by signing in or signing up.