When the winter chill sets in, many individuals from Canada, affectionately known as ‘snowbirds,’.Explore More
Does the coronavirus outbreak still scare you? Are you scared to plan your next vacation? Traveling during the pandemic is not a walk in the park. You become cautious about your health and take safety measures in public. Fortunately, now, we have travel insurance policies that cover coronavirus that can help you financially when you contract the virus in a foreign land.
When you are in the US or any other international country, you may not understand what to do if fallen sick. When you have a travel insurance policy by your side, you can easily visit a hospital within the preferred network and get yourself treated. Getting COVID-sick in an unfamiliar country can be challenging- from getting quarantined to treatment, your vacation may soon become a nightmare.
Visitor Guard® offers a wide range of comprehensive COVID-19 health insurance plans to keep you financially stable and secure. Our policies fit every traveler’s needs and make any international travel hassle-free.
Why should you buy travel insurance that covers COVID?
COVID-19 has created havoc in the world, and it has dramatically affected the travel industry. Many travel plans were canceled, leading to a loss of money. In addition, international travelers stuck in a country outside their home country face many challenges related to medical costs. As fear of COVID-19 is still there, besides following safety protocols, travelers are inclined to buy travel insurance that covers COVID-19.
The insurance plans treat COVID-19 like any other illness. If you contract the virus, you can rush to the nearest hospital and get yourself treated. Once you have paid the deductible, co-insurance, or co-pay as mentioned in your plan, the rest of the medical bills can be taken care of by the insurance company. Some plans can also cover you for quarantine, lab and diagnostic tests, and prescription drugs. Read the plan’s brochure before proceeding.
Without COVID-19 coverage included in your travel insurance plan, it can lead to troubles. It can become financially challenging to meet hospital expenses, book a special quarantine hotel, and pay for lab tests now and then. Moreover, the US healthcare system is complex; it becomes difficult for a foreigner to adapt to the process.
When you have an insurance plan to support you, you can visit the doctors in the network and show your insurance ID card. The clinic or the hospital can recognize the schedule of benefits and charge you accordingly. The entire process is smooth and easy. Some plans can also cover bedside visits, where you can enjoy the company of your friend or family member while recovering in the hospital.
In general, apart from COVID-19 treatment, travel medical insurance plans can cover eligible medical expenses, hospital stays, urgent care, doctor’s visits, surgeries, emergency dental, lab and diagnostics, prescription drugs, acute onset of pre-existing conditions, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, and more.
Whether traveling to the US or outside the US, buying a health insurance policy with COVID-19 coverage is extremely important owing to the dangers that linger with the outbreak of the disease. For more information about the plans, contact us.
Can you buy travel insurance that covers COVID?
Visitor Guard® has several travel insurance plans that cover COVID-19 just like any other illness. Now, you can explore the world without panicking about the virus and the cost related to its treatment. No matter where you go, these plans got you covered. When you are away from your home country, nothing is more important than keeping yourself safe and mentally prepared to face any challenging situation. When you buy a travel insurance plan with coronavirus coverage, it will automatically cover you for any new illnesses, injuries, complications, etc., that can occur during your visit.
Where to buy travel insurance that covers COVID-19?
Visitor Guard® is a one-stop solution for travelers and visitors to buy travel insurance plans. These plans temporarily cover you in a foreign country so you can enjoy your vacation stress-free. Though it is not mandatory to buy insurance policies, it is recommended that you carry a plan that can cover you when you fall sick or injured, especially during the pandemic.
At Visitor Guard®, you can find both comprehensive and fixed benefit plans. You can choose a comprehensive plan if you want a robust plan to cover you up to the chosen policy maximum. On the other hand, if you want an economic plan that suits your budget, you can opt for a fixed benefit plan. However, these fixed benefit plans can give you COVID-19 coverage with pre-defined limits. So read the policy’s wording before buying.
What are the three best COVID-19 plans for inbound and outbound US?
The three best COVID-19 plans for traveling outside the US:
- Atlas International– It provides coverage to US citizens and non-US citizens needing coverage outside the home country and the US. It is a comprehensive travel medical insurance plan with benefits including expenses related to medical treatment of a new injury or illness, evacuation, baggage delay, lost luggage, dental, trip cancellation, accidental death, terrorism coverage, and trip cancellation.
- Patriot International– Patriot International insurance provides coverage outside the home country and outside the US for non-US and US citizens. It covers in-patient and out-patient medical insurance for visitors for illnesses and injuries, hospital visits, urgent care visits, emergency medical evacuation, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, and more.
- Visitor Secure– This plan provides coverage for international visitors traveling outside their home country and US citizens traveling outside the US. Visitor Secure is a fixed-benefit, budget-friendly insurance plan designed for singles or groups. It offers a similar schedule of benefits like comprehensive plans but with pre-defined limits.
The three best COVID-19 plans for traveling to the US:
- Safe Travel USA Comprehensive– It is an affordable, comprehensive visitor insurance plan for USA visitors. It provides insurance for medical accidents, illness, emergency medical treatment, political evacuation, repatriation of remains, trip interruption, baggage, accidental death, and dismemberment. Covid-19 is treated like any other illness.
- Patriot America Plus– Patriot America is available for non-US residents who need temporary medical insurance coverage in the US. The plan offers coverage for hospitalization, prescription drugs, and urgent care for in-patient and out-patient medical accidents & illnesses.
- Visitors Care– It is a fixed-benefit plan designed for non-US citizens or residents. It is a popular and affordable plan suitable for tourists, visitors, business travelers, etc., offering per-incident coverage for medical accidents and sickness.
Do you want to buy an insurance plan? Then, do not hesitate to contact us.