Safe Travels Defend
Safe Travels Defend is a trip cancellation insurance policy designed for US residents and citizens traveling inside the US and abroad. The plan covers trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, missed connections, baggage delay, emergency medical and accidents, emergency evacuation, repatriation of remains, dental, and more optional coverages.
Visitor Guard® offers Safe Travels Defend to US residents who wish to take trips within the US and internationally. The policy offers a maximum trip length of up to 90 days. With trip and medical-related benefits, the plan is suitable for travelers looking for both primary medical coverage and secure their trip costs. To buy this plan, call us!
Safe Travels Defend$30 / mo For age 24 years with $300 trip cost
- Available for ages up to 85 years to US residents traveling within the United States and abroad
- Maximum trip length of 90 days
- Trip cancellation Up to 100% of Trip Cost Insured up to $14,000
- Trip Interruption Up to 100% of Insured Trip Cost
- Trip Delay up to $600 ($150 per day for delays of 12 hours or more)
- $50,000 for Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expenses
- Pre-Existing Coverage on plans purchased within 7 days of initial deposit
- Optional coverage for Rental Car damage and AD&D coverage
Safe Travels Defend Benefits
- Plan Benefits: Coverage includes trip cancellation up to 100% of the insured trip cost up to $14,000, trip interruption up to 100% of the insured trip cost, trip delay for delays up to 12 hours or more, missed connection for delays up to 12 hours or more, emergency medical expenses up to $50,000 with a $100 deductible, emergency evacuation up to $350,000, and more.
- Pre-existing: Includes benefits for Pre-existing Conditions when purchased within 7 days of the Initial Trip Deposit Date. Look Back Period is 180 days.
- Special Feature 1: Missed Connection up to $300 for delays of 12 hours or more.
- Special Feature 2: Baggage & Personal Effects up to $750 (Per Article Limit: $100, Combined Article Limit: 50% of Baggage & Personal Effects Benefit)
- Special Feature 3: Optional upgrades include Rental Car Damage Coverage up to $50,000, and 24-Hour Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
Talk with an expert!
Safe Travels Defend Cost
The plan’s cost depends on the following factors: the traveler’s age, the trip duration, and the trip cost . The higher the trip cost, age, or coverage days, the higher the premium will be. If you add any optional coverage, the premium will increase.
Plan Limit: Trip cancellation up to 100% of the insured trip cost. Trip interruption of the 100% of the insured trip cost. Emergency medical expenses up to $50,000 with a $100 deductible. Emergency evacuation up to $350,000.
Age: The plan is available until the age of 85 years.
Coverage Days: The plan offers coverage for up to 90 days.
Optional Coverage Benefit Riders: Rental Car Damage Coverage up to $50,000, and Flight only Accidental Death and Dismemberment up to $25,000.
Plan Cost for Age Groups
|Age||Trip cost $300||Trip cost $2000|
|From 21 to 34 years||$30.03||$59.64|
|From 35 to 49 years||$33.70||$68.72|
|From 50 to 59 years||$40.73||$85.76|
|From 60 to 69 years||$55.05||$113.95|
What Coverage & Benefits are Offered by Safe Travels Defend?
The Safe Travel Defend plan is underwritten by Starr Indemnity & Liability Company. It is a trip cancellation plan designed to protect travelers from travel mishaps during their travel. This plan is only available to US Citizens and US Residents.
The plan highlights:
- Insurance for trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, missed connection, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, baggage loss, and more.
- COVID-19 is covered and treated as any other sickness.
- Coverage up to 90 days.
- Up to $50,000 for emergency sickness and accidents coverage.
- Property Damage coverage for accommodations (not available to NY residents).
- Pre-Existing Coverage on plans purchased within 7 days of initial deposit.
- This plan has a 14-day free look period.
- This plan is available for purchase 18 months in advance of departure.
- Optional Flight Only AD&D and rental car damage upgrades are available.
You can review the complete benefits in the brochure.
Benefits of Safe Travels Defend
|Benefits for all Age Groups|||
|Benefit||Maximum age and Minimum Trip cost|
(Up to 85 and $300)
|Trip cancellation||100% of non-refundable insured trip cost up to $14,000|
|Trip Interruption||100% of non-refundable insured trip cost|
|Trip delay||Up to $150 per day per person after an initial delay of 12 hours ($600 max per person)|
|Baggage Delay||$200 ($100 per day12 hours or more)|
|Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expenses||$50,000|
How to Claim Safe Travels Defend Insurance?
To initiate your claim process, start by downloading and filling out the Claims Form. Remember to include photocopies of all your passport pages along with the itemized bills. It is crucial to submit these documents within the specified 90-day period following your visit to the healthcare provider. For any inquiries or updates regarding your claim, you can contact the claim department at 877.916.7920 or send an email to Trawickclaims@cbpinsure.com
Claims filing address and email:
Address: Co-ordinated Benefit Plans LLC on Behalf of Crum and Forster SPC
PO Box 2069 Fairhope AL 36533
Toll-Free #: 866-669-9004 or 866-696-0409
FAQs: Safe Travels Defend Insurance Plan
Safe Travels Defend is a trip cancellation insurance policy available to only US residents and citizens traveling within the US and internationally. The coverage includes comprehensive trip-related benefits and limited medical-related benefits.
US residents and citizens up to the age of 85 years are eligible for the Safe Travels Defend plan.
The plan covers trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, missed connections, baggage delay, emergency medical and accidents, emergency evacuation, repatriation of remains, dental, and more optional coverages.
Typically, there are general exclusions like loss resulting from or due to stroke, cerebral vascular, or cardiovascular Accident or event; myocardial infarction (heart attack); coronary thrombosis; or aneurysm pregnancy and childbirth, self-harm and suicides, mental and psychological disorders, alcohol and drug intoxication, losses due to war and terrorism, extremely high-risk sports, and more. To know what the plan excludes, check the brochure.