Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on Health Insurance plan validity

Hi,

I am an international student at UMass and was thinking of opting for one of your health insurance plans. I had a question with regards to the validity of it. The coming semester will be my last and I graduate in May. If I opt for a plan till August, then will I still be eligible for it considering I no longer will be a student during the last few months of the insurance?

Greetings,

The eligibility will depend on the policy. Some plans do say you have to be an full time student. Can you please let me know which policy you are looking at? Can you please email me the Waiver form/ insurance requirements and your age so we can let you know which policy meets the requirements?

Comment

Hi
      I was looking at the "International Student Injury and Sickness Plan AmGrad Care Basic"

Comment

Greetings!

In order to be eligible, you must meet the eligibility requirements at the time of purchase. In addition, you must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased with the exception of International Visiting Scholars or those engaged in an Optional Practical Training Program. Home study, correspondence and online courses do not fulfill the Eligibility requirements that the student actively attend classes.

Comment

Thanks for the update! I had two more queries.

1. You must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased
          Does it mean I have to produce evidence of attending classes? If yes, how?

2. In order to be eligible, you must meet the eligibility requirements at the time of purchase.
          So to reconfirm, if I purchased the plan from Feb to June (with me being a full time student in Feb), and my *final* semester ends April end, then am I still eligible for the insurance for the months of May and June?

Comment

Greetings,

Yes, that is correct. You do not have to show proof unless you are asked to for further information if necessary.

You will have to complete the application at http://www.visitorguard.com/apply/amgrad-care-plan/

Comment

Working...
            X